Companies Seeking Holiday Profits

by Mark Lovett on November 28, 2009

It’s that time of year, when companies cross their fingers and hope for a robust holiday season to boost sales, and considering the year we’ve had, the next thirty days will be critical for many corporations. But how far will a company go to bring in much needed profit?

This Louis Harris survey was created back in 1989. Now, some twenty years later, what’s your opinion of the 21st century corporation?

Christmas Gifts

What actions would corporations undertake to increase profits?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

And if you really like taking polls, answer the question, What Services Should Government Provide?

Alex Radway December 7, 2009 at 10:08 am

The area I live in is rich in local produce, it’s just that local shops close at 3-4pm and often don’t open at all on Sundays and Wednesdays.

I try to organise myself, but sometimes I submit to the ease of the bigger chains.

I’m not ‘buying’ any gifts this year and many of my friends are re-evaluating their spending; donating to charities etc. Sometimes it’s purely financially motivated: cheapr to buy a cow for an african village than Xboxes, games etc for 6 nephews/nieces, or other toys or colthes that will be old/unwanted or out-grown in a year.

And even if people are feeling flush, the poll above highlights alternate motives for changing spending habits.

GlobalPatriot December 8, 2009 at 2:33 am

I love the notion of donations instead of presents, there’s really nothing that I need, and there are so many that need so much – great idea Alex!

Alex Radway December 7, 2009 at 3:08 am

Global Patriot December 7, 2009 at 7:33 pm

S.Smith November 30, 2009 at 12:41 am

Economies are crazy. My family and I recently moved to Montana where local trade is very high. We moved from Salt Lake City, where, even if local trade was available, the onslaught of goods was too much to bear a real, sustainable, local economy.

We moved because of smog. It’s thick there.
.-= S.Smith´s last blog ..Earth Palms in Baguazhang =-.

GlobalPatriot December 8, 2009 at 2:35 am

Once upon a time, most all cities were self-sustaining for basic needs, that’s rarely the case today.

S.Smith November 29, 2009 at 5:41 pm

We moved because of smog. It’s thick there.
.-= S.Smith´s last blog ..Earth Palms in Baguazhang =-.

Global Patriot December 7, 2009 at 7:35 pm