Location technologies are transforming how we experience, navigate, and ultimately better our world. Buy cheap Zoloft no rx, From the global to the local, here are #10Ways geolocation is a positive force for good.
Social media has changed the world. It has revolutionized communications on a global scale, and the transformation continues with every status update, blog post, buy Zoloft online no prescription, and video stream. The global citizenry has become a global network, Order Zoloft with No Prescription.
Since becoming widely adopted just a couple years ago, social media has supercharged social action, Rx free Zoloft, cause marketing, and social entrepreneurship. Indeed, the true value hasn't been the technology itself but how we've used it. Today, Zoloft samples, a second wave of innovation is defining a new era and setting the stage for change over the coming decade.
Mobile technologies will extend the global online network to anyone with a mobile device while enabling countless local networks to form in the real world. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, We've decentralized media production and distribution. We're doing the same for energy. Order Zoloft online overnight delivery no prescription, And we'll continue this trend for social networking, social action, and commerce.
The combined forces of smartphones, mobile broadband, buy Zoloft online cod, and location-aware applications will connect us in more meaningful ways to the people, organizations, events, Buy Zoloft without a prescription, information, and companies that matter most to us---namely, those within a physical proximity of where we live and where we are. Can location-based services (LBS) change the world. Here are #10Ways:
1, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Checking in for Good: If Gowalla and Foursquare have taught us anything, kjøpe Zoloft på nett, köpa Zoloft online, it's that people respond to simple incentives. By offering badges, mayorships, Order Zoloft online c.o.d, and other intangible rewards, millions of people are checking in to the places they go. Apps like Whrrl take this a step further and enable like-minded "societies" to form on a local basis. The next step is for these apps to add greater purpose by encouraging more meaningful checkins and offering corresponding badges and stamps, thus mapping the cause universe, buy Zoloft without prescription. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, Or for a dedicated app to be developed that rewards conscious consumption, social responsibility, and civic engagement. Yes, the CauseWorld app features a cause element, but it's not about cause-worthy places. Order Zoloft from mexican pharmacy, 2. Eating Locally: Sustainability demands that we source our food as close to its point of production as possible. Many so-called locavores subscribe to the 100-mile diet, which requires that one "eat nothing---or almost nothing---but sustenance drawn from within 100 miles of their home." Given the difficulty of accessing and verifying this information in order to live by this standard, there's a geo-powered Locavore app, online buying Zoloft hcl. It gives you info on in-season foods, those coming in-season, farmer's markets, and links to recipes, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. This rather simple app is clearly just the start. In time, location-aware apps will guide us not only to the grocery store or farmer's market but through them. Buy generic Zoloft, All the while identifying foods based on our particular diet or sensibility.
3. Political Organizing Order Zoloft with No Prescription, : In the next presidential election, politics will not only be local but location-enabled. We saw the power of social media in Obama's 2008 landslide victory. In 2012, location-based apps and technologies will play a central role in how campaigns are organized, australia, uk, us, usa, managed, and ultimately won. Much of this will be visible through mobile apps and location-aware browsers. Where to buy Zoloft, Activists and volunteers will be more empowered. Voters will be more engaged in the moment, right down to casting their votes, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Behind the scenes, though, we'll see massive new sets of data available to campaigns for targeting, empowerment, buying Zoloft online over the counter, and optimization. The party, candidate, Zoloft over the counter, and/or cause that has the best handle on geolocation will have a measurable advantage. (The Elections app will soon be updated for 2010.)
4. Finding Green Businesses: The web has effectively replaced the paper Yellow Pages as a way to find local businesses and services. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, However, this "stationary web" experience is quickly being supplanted by the mobile web and mobile applications, which give us access to this information when we most need it. The Yelp and Around Me apps are popular ways to find restaurants, coffee shops, buy Zoloft from canada, or hotels wherever you are, but what about green-rated businesses. Greenopia has transformed its printed, Buy cheap Zoloft, local guides into a dynamic, nationwide mobile application that lets you find local, green-rated businesses in any category. No more paper and a much better experience. The Green Map app is another that facilitates discovery and connects us to local green environments, comprar en línea Zoloft, comprar Zoloft baratos.
5, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Traveling More Efficiently: We've had access to GPS navigation systems and static traffic information for some time, but only now are we seeing the full potential of these technologies. With access to more detailed traffic information that is specific to your route and updated in real time, Buy Zoloft no prescription, we can minimize congestion and maximize traffic flow (as much as physically possible). The new turn-by-turn MapQuest 4 Mobile app is a good start, as you can get traffic alerts specific to the route you program. However, user-generated information from apps like Trapster and Waze can crowdsource more specific details, where can i buy Zoloft online, such as whether to avoid an intersection due to a toxic chemical spill. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, Or, if you want to avoid automobiles altogether, Google Maps makes it easy to use public transportation and take a bike.
6. Scanning for Ethical Products: With online shopping, Buying Zoloft online over the counter, we've become accustomed to reading reviews and making comparisons before we buy. This can now be done in the physical world through games like MyTown and services like Stikybits. By scanning a product barcode using a smartphone camera, you can unlock a treasure of additional information (not to mention deals) that can help with your purchase. This might include where it was produced, how far it traveled, the reputation of the manufacturer, chemical contents, carbon footprint, or the full lifecycle analysis, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Location-aware applications can also transform commerce itself by giving us better access to local inventories and locally-produced goods, Zoloft price, coupon. Whether it's fruits and vegetables or books and electronics, if something can be found within blocks of your current location, it makes no sense to ship it from afar. Buy Zoloft without a prescription, 7. Networking Neighborhoods: One of the hottest categories in geolocation is neighborhood networking. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, The vision for many of these apps is to strengthen the very fabric of our communities. With DeHood, you can keep track of what's happening in your neighborhood, share your favorite places, fast shipping Zoloft, and grease the wheels for actually meeting people. After all, if you've made contact through the app, Buy cheap Zoloft no rx, it's a lot easier to say "Hello" in the real world. Blasterous is another that lets you share information locally, whereas BlockChalk does this on an anonymous basis. Finally, NeighborGoods uses your street address to facilitate one-to-one borrowing and trading of useful stuff, Zoloft samples. In the end, making connections with your neighbors can lead to safer, more productive, and more sustainable communities, Order Zoloft with No Prescription.
8. Tracking Environmental Disasters: The size and scope of environmental disasters appears to be growing. In 2008, Zoloft over the counter, we had the Tennessee coal ash spill, which was billed as "the largest environmental disaster of its kind in the United States." And that was before we realized it was three times bigger than originally estimated. More recently, the BP oil spill set daily records for "largest environmental disaster in the U.S. ever Order Zoloft with No Prescription, ." In each case, geolocation technologies can be used by engaged citizens to monitor and track the effects. They can be used by response teams to coordinate containment and cleanup efforts, buy cheap Zoloft. Ultimately, these technologies can be used to accurately measure the size and impact of a disaster in order to better understand its damages and costs.
9. Purchase Zoloft online, Viewing the World Through an Eco Lens: Augmented reality (AR) follows geolocation as one of the hot trends in mobile technology. It enables you to view the world through a smartphone camera (or similar device) and see layers of geo-specific content or information, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. One of the most popular apps is Layar, an augmented reality browser/platform that lets you choose specific data layers or experiences. The potential for green- and cause-related content is tremendous. You might view green-rated businesses, buy Zoloft without prescription, LEED-certified buildings, or virtual GHG emissions as they enter the atmosphere. Combined with smart meter technology, Zoloft for sale, you could see the most efficient and inefficient homes around you in real time. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, And for the cynics among us, you could view our mountains, forests, rivers, and oceans as they once were...before the effects of climate change and so many environmental disasters.
10. Capturing the Moment: Better access to information about what's happening around us---right now---can dramatically improve quality of life. This sense of "geospatial awareness" is possible through today's smartphones, whereby a piece of content or information---a moment---is captured and preserved based on the unique time and place in which it occurred, order Zoloft no prescription. It is essentially to document spacetime. Protests, natural disasters, sporting events, parties, political crises...real-time information about anything happening anywhere at any time, as well as the history of what happened, Order Zoloft with No Prescription. This will take several years and a number of different applications to realize. In the end, though, it will revolutionize how we access and consume content. It will complete the democratization and decentralization of news and information...based on time and location.
Cautionary note: Privacy is the single biggest issue in the LBS industry. Order Zoloft with No Prescription, It's important to understand what information you are sharing with regard to your location and with whom.
Author's note: We'll be hosting geolocation events for Social Media Week in Los Angeles this September. This is the third in Max Gladwell's #10Ways series of distributed blog posts. It was published simultaneously on as many as 300 blogs.
Similar posts: Order Brand Lipitor (Pfizer) with No Prescription. Order Ferrous Sulfate cap. with No Prescription. Order Mebendazole with No Prescription. Buy Cephalexin no prescription. Buy Atenolol no prescription. Where to buy Tadalafil Soft.
Trackbacks from: Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Order Zoloft with No Prescription. Rx free Zoloft. Zoloft samples. Zoloft over the counter.